You will find all the necessary questions
Its main advantage is that it can transport several different types of goods without worrying about volume or weight. In addition, liquid or gaseous products can be sent, which is not allowed by other alternatives.
It also remains the fastest method for long-distance delivery, a very safe means of transport and the regularity of the flight makes it possible to predict delivery times.
Air freight is certainly not the cheapest solution! And this only applies to products of certain sizes.
- Risk of accident
- Flight delay or cancellation
- Customs and consumption tax
- The air freight is expensive
- Not applicable to all types of merchandises
Air freight refers to the transport of goods from point A to point B using aircraft belonging to a specific airline as a means of transport. It is therefore simply the transport of goods from one country to another or from one region to another. It should be noted that air freight benefits both companies and individuals.
According to the law, the air freight is divided into three types of cargo :
- The aircraft dedicated to freight
- Air freight in the cargo hold : these cargoes are transported on an aircraft that is carrying passengers.
- Air cargo-specific, which contains the cargo specific which usually has a higher value.
They are obviously subject to very specific regulations, and it is also necessary to specify the type of goods you wish to transport in order to define the best type of freight.
Maritime transport has many advantages : The shipping freight is a means of transport is very efficient and economical for heavy loads, which is about 4 to 6 times less expensive than air freight.
The shipping offer several options of various transport, including the transport of containers whole or sharing between several different cargos. The biggest advantage is that you can send larger items by sea, which can include furniture or even vehicles heavy weight by seaway.
The goods can be transported to any destination by specialized operators. However, maritime transport has various advantages and it seems to be the method of international export is the most viable.
The delivery may take a lot of time, since it takes weeks to deliver the goods. When you need to import and export of small goods, the rates suggested may not be very advantageous. In this case, the air freight or even the services of express delivery can be a more efficient method. Compared to air transport, we can say that shipping may be more susceptible to damage during transport, but this situation is extremely unlikely.
The choice of the best mode of transport, whether by sea or air, depends to a large extent on the type of goods to be exported, and the choice should be based on all the main factors, such as the size of goods to be exported.
- The shipowner (He is the owner of the ship or a manager appointed by the owner to perform the actions necessary for the proper functioning of the vessel : supply, equipment, maintenance, research of cargo, chartering the ship, hiring of staff, marine.)
- The freight Forwarder / forwarding agent / forwarding Agent, This is the company commissioned by the sender or the recipient, who must perform several successive expeditions. Its mission is to organize the contacts between the different carriers to ensure the continuity of transport. It assigns one or more full trailers for a given trip to the shipowner.
- The consignee, here The owner entrusts the expert port, the operation and management of the vessel at l'escale maritime (the communication between the port, the ship and the crew) and the administrative follow-up of the cargo carried. In particular, it shall return the documents accompanying the cargo on board and declare the cargo to the customs on the dock.
- Park managers, these are the actors responsible for the transport of vehicles through the port in quality / cost / time.
In the field of transport, maritime transport refers to the long-distance transport of most of the raw materials, whether it's energy (crude oil, natural gas, coal, minerals), food, metals. Since the mid-60's, the marine cargo may also refer to the " general merchandise ". These goods are transported in shipping containers. Once these containers are standardized, it is possible to avoid any handling of the material is transported to the place of departure to the final destination. The proliferation of containers has enabled the development of ocean currents on a large scale and has affected the design of ships of larger and larger. The main objective of the maritime transport is the transportation of goods or persons by sea, but it can also involve treatment before and after shipment from the production site to the vessel or the vessel to its final destination.
The sea route used to transport goods depends on the trade. These routes are dependent on the goods being transported. For example, in the transportation of oil, the ships travel along the north-south axis because the Middle-East and Africa are the main exporting countries, while Europe, North America and the Far East are the major importing countries.
- Invoice with the option chosen
- Certificate of registration and the certificate of transfer (for vehicles)